- CBD Oil isn’t harmful to dogs. However, before you begin giving CBD to your pet you might want to consult your veterinarian. Although it’s not common, CBD Oil can sometimes have interaction with certain prescription medications. Make sure you clear it with your vet before you start a regular routine.
- CBD is excellent for promoting a sense of relaxation and calmness in pets. To ensure you have the most effective results with any CBD product, you should give your dog CBD before the pup starts feeling stressed or agitated. If you can’t identify the reason for your pet’s stress, Honest Paws recommends giving your pet CBD on a regular basis to keep your pet relaxed and happy.
- To get the best and fastest results when you give your pup CBD, you should try applying it under your dog’s tongue. Most dogs start to feel the effects of the CBD within 15 to 40 minutes. Another option is to feed your pup CBD treats or add it to the dog food. Both methods are effective but it could take up to one hour before the oil starts to work.
- You’ll get the best effects from giving your dog CBD if you use it on a daily basis. Start by giving a small amount of the oil each day. When you find the dose that works best for your dog continue to use it for your dog’s optimum emotional and physical wellbeing.
Although the AVMA has not found any significant problems in dogs that are given CBD Oil there may be side effects in some dogs. However, in most cases, the effects are minimal and rare. Dog owners can usually eliminate the side effects by lowering the dosage their dog takes. Possible side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
- Dry Mouth
Today’s best CBD oil for dogs are proven to promote and support good health in dogs of all sizes and ages. Scientific research supporting holistic supplements, including CBD, is rising. Consequently, more pet owners are including CBD products as part of general dog nutrition. Pet owners not familiar with CBD have questions before giving it to their dogs including:
- Is CBD safe for my dog?
- How does CBD work?
- How do I choose the best product for my dog?
- How do I add CBD to my dog’s routine?
- What are the considerations with CBD?
The amount of CBD Oil that’s safe depends on several factors including:
- The potency of the CBD supplement
- Reason for giving your dog CBD
- Your dog’s age
- Health concerns
- Dog’s weight
A general rule is 1 to 5 mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight.
Features of Honest Paws CBD Oil for Dogs – Wellness
Honest Paws Doesn’t Contain Cannabinoids
Hemp seed oil and hemp oil are both extractions of the hemp plant. However, the two types of oil have different properties and are extracted from different parts of the plant. While hemp oil is extracted from whole hemp plants, hemp seed oil is extracted from the plant’s seeds. Since it doesn’t contain cannabinoids, it’s safe for dogs.
Honest Paws Doesn’t Contain THC
All CBD oil that’s formulated for dogs is extracted from hemp plants. The other form of cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC , must never be used for pets since it’s toxic to them. The Hemp CBD oil that Honest Paws uses in its formulas has less than 0.3 percent of THC and can be marketed as THC-free.
Organic Farming Makes A Difference
The best CBD Oil for dogs is organically grown in soil that’s rich in all the nutrients needed to create the highest quality hemp products. Hemp plants that are grown commercially can draw in toxins from the soil and are treated with pesticides that are harmful to pets. Organic farmers grow their crops according to strict guidelines and don’t use anything chemical to grow their plants. Additional oils used in hemp oil are also organic to create products that are safe and pure.
Third-Party Laboratory Testing
To ensure the ingredients listed on the product label and the chemical makeup is accurate, a third-party laboratory provides a Certificate of Analysis or a COA to verify the amount of the cannabinoids in the hemp oil. The COA also verifies that the hemp oil is free of contaminants including microbes, heavy metals, pesticides, and THC.
Honest Paws Ensures All-Natural Products
Companies that market CBD Oil for dogs use a variety of methods to extract potentially harmful ingredients and retain the healthiest cannabinoids. Honest Paws’ method of extraction uses a form of carbon dioxide that removes any of the chemicals that are questionable and could be harmful to pets.
No Fillers, Allergens, Or GMOs
GMOs or Genetically Modified Organisms can trigger allergic reactions in humans and animals. Filler ingredients like gluten, soy, corn, and dairy can be potentially harmful to some pets. Honest Paws products are created without any preservatives or additives that could be unhealthy for your dog. The highest quality pet CBD Oil products must be free of any of these harmful ingredients.
CBD Oil Is Beneficial For Health Problems
Endocannabinoid receptors support a dog’s bodily systems and help with health problems including:
CBD Oil Improves Bodily Function And Optimizes Balance
The ECS or endocannabinoid system is a system designed to regulate processes in the body and manage physiological processes that include:
- Emotional balance
- Immune response
- Inflammation and pain response
- Sleep patterns
- Promotes homeostasis
The endocannabinoid system consists of enzymes, endocannabinoids or CB1, and endocannabinoid receptors or CB2. When these components bind together they’re broken down.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
Some pet owners worry that their dogs can overdose on CBD. If your dog gets more than the recommended dose after a restful nap your dog will be fine. However, you should check with your veterinarian before you start using CBD if your pet has any health issues. CBD Oil will make your dog feel relaxed and calm. Your pup will be able to enjoy all his favorite activities while getting the benefits of CBD.