- Great price – Hertzko is less than $20 for a high-quality product.
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to clean – The Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder offers users the ability to pack and take the product anywhere. It is rechargeable, and pet parents need only a power adapter (not included) or a power bank, or the use of a laptop or PC.
- Very quiet – The Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder is whisper-quiet, and you won’t frighten your pet by using the product. However, you’ll definitely want to introduce the product to your pet before initial use.
- Used with any size dog – The removable port allows for use with small, medium-sized, and large dogs.
- Takes three hours to charge with only two consecutive hours of use – You’ll likely not use this product every day, so you’ll probably have to commit to charging the product for a few hours before use each time. This could be a little annoying if you don’t keep the product plugged in constantly or forget to charge it when it is time to groom your dog.
- You must purchase a power adapter separately – This is a mere inconvenience, but we are so accustomed to our electronics come with an adapter that this is just a little annoying. By the time you purchase an adapter, the product will likely be just over $20.
Part of grooming your precious pup includes a chore that many pet parents find to be, well, a difficult task—trimming Fido’s nails. Pet experts tell fur parents to condition a dog to accept this part of a grooming routine, but, unfortunately, some dogs will never relax and enjoy this part of their care no matter how hard a pet parent tries. There are lots of reasons for this. Some dogs simply do not like their paws being restrained; other dogs may have had a bad experience with nail trimming, and they may always balk at the sight of clippers. However, there is a way to mitigate this necessary part of the grooming process—using the best dog nail grinders to keep nails a safe length.
Features of Hertzko Electric Pet Nail Grinder
Uses a diamond bit grinding stone
Some dog nail grinders use sandpaper, much like a Dremel tool. However, the sandpaper will wear down after a while, and, if your furry pal has thick nails, the wear could occur even more quickly. The diamond bit grinding stone will last much longer than the sandpaper heads other dog nail grinders use.
Has a removable port that allows you to adjust for your dog’s nail size as well as helps to cut down on the dust resulting from grinding
The Hertzko product boasts that it is made for use by dogs of all sizes (as well as cats, rabbits, and other animals). One reason why the Hertzko product does work for dogs of all sizes is because of the presence of a removable port. You’ll place Fido’s nail in the port, and the port not only shields you from clipping or grinding too much of your dog’s nail, but the port will also cut down on the amount of dust resulting from the grinding process. This means you’ll enjoy a much easier clean-up when using the Hertzko grinder.
Rechargeable using a micro-USB cord
The Hertzko grinder is easily recharged for on-the-go use. All you need is a power adapter, a power bank, or a laptop or computer to plug the micro-USB cord into. You’ll be able to get a full charge with a few hours’ time, and the charge will last for two hours consecutively. The charge indicator shows when your grinder is ready to get to work.
Offers a “super mute” motor
It is no surprise that dogs often become anxious and upset when they are exposed to unfamiliar noises. Some dogs become anxious because of the snippy sounds of a traditional nail clipper; you can expect a dog with even the slightest tendency toward anxiety to become upset when he hears the whirring from an electric nail grinder for the first time. However, you need not worry when using the Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder. The whisper-quiet motor will not frighten your furry friend, especially if you turn it on prior to initial use and allow him to become accustomed to the sound.
The port offers three size openings that can accommodate dogs of any size as well as other pets
The small opening is for smaller dogs whose nails are of a finer texture than larger dogs. You can also use this opening to grind down the nails of your cat or even a pet rabbit! If you wish to move up to the second port for medium or large dogs, then you’ll ensure their safety while grinding the nail down. However, for dogs with very tough and thick nails, you can totally remove the port for grinding purposes. Whether you use the port or go without the addition, you significantly reduce the risk of injuring your dog when grinding his nails .
Portable and maneuverable
One of the features pet parents should always look for is the ability to move the tool around as needed. The Hertzko Grinder is small enough that you can easily maneuver around a nervous dog that might not want to sit in your lap as you grind his nails. Plus, if you need to carry out this part of grooming outdoors, then you’ll like the fact that the Hertzko product is portable. (Many pet parents will grind nails outdoors due to the amount of dust that results.)
Easy to clean
Pet parents can remove the cover of the Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder for easy clean-up.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
If you have a dog that doesn’t do well with traditional nail clippers and you’re on a tight budget, this could be the product for you. It works on dogs of all sizes, and it is portable as well as easy to use. The whisper-quiet motor will help to decrease your dog’s anxiety regarding this part of grooming. You’ll also likely enjoy the fact that you can adjust the port to fit your dog’s needs.