Pros of Freshpet Dog Food
- If you’re looking for something to supplement your dog’s diet with a bit of extra fiber and vitamins, then this is an option. If you’re interested in adding more fruits and vegetables to your dog’s diet, perhaps Freshpet would be a good option.
- Freshpet uses only the most organic ingredients, so your dog gets all the nutrients they need with no preservatives or additives. Since they make the food fresh every day, there’s no chance that any ingredients have gone bad or spoiled before being used in their products. This also means you don’t need to worry about any health risks associated with feeding your pets old or expired foods.
- Allergies are less likely to occur because no preservatives are used in making Freshpet dog food. The lack of preservatives also makes Freshpet dog food safer for pets with sensitive stomachs since you don’t have to worry about any additives causing them any problems.
- Fresh pet foods have more nutrients because they are made with real meat and vegetables instead of fillers and artificial ingredients. It means there is a much higher value regarding your pet’s health and taste benefits.
Cons of Freshpet Food
- The main complaint about Freshpet dog food is that it only comes in small quantities. They offer two sizes of rolls, 1.5 and 5 pounds, and one-pound bags. That makes it hard to stock up on the food, especially if you have multiple dogs.
- Freshpet is expensive if used as a primary food source for your dog. The cost per ounce is higher than many standard kibbles, so you need to feed your dog more Freshpet than other brands to meet their daily caloric needs.
- The company has designed Freshpet food to be frozen and consumed within seven days. The company recommends that you feed your dog fresh food daily, which means you will have to buy several bags of Freshpet each week.
In recent years, raw food diets for dogs and human-grade food for pets have become more popular. Freshpet dog food is a product that has been growing in popularity over the past few years. As the name implies and like the best fresh dog food brands today, Freshpet is a company that specializes in creating fresh, refrigerated pet food for dogs.
Freshpet dog food is based in Secaucus and uses only wholesome ingredients. Their dog food ingredients are locally sourced and delivered daily to their processing plant in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. You must refrigerate all of Freshpet’s products and use them within seven days of opening. So why is Freshpet dog food good for your pet?
Freshpet Dog Food Key Features
Freshpet dog food is available through many major pet stores, grocery stores, and online retailers. Some of the most popular retailers that sell Freshpet dog food include FreshDirect, Amazon Fresh, Instacart, Prime Now, SHIPT and PeaPod.
High in Protein
Freshpet is high in protein and contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives. They make the formula with real chicken, salmon, or natural beef as the first ingredient. The combination of proteins with the other ingredients provides your dog with the nutrients they need to live a long, healthy life.
Food Has to Be Refrigerated
Freshpet foods need to be refrigerated. You should never leave the dog food on the countertop or in warm places where it can spoil. Remember that when you thaw Freshpet foods, they may appear slightly different in color and texture. It doesn’t affect the nutritional value or taste.
No Artificial Colors or Flavors
Freshpet does not use artificial colors or flavors in its dog food products. So, if you have an allergy-prone dog at home, they won’t have any allergic reactions from eating this food .
The preservative system used in Freshpet products is based on freshness, not chemicals. It is gentle on sensitive stomachs and contains no nitrates or nitrites.
Freshpet dog food comes in small quantities, so you won’t have to deal with a giant box of food sitting around your house. The rolls are available in 1.5- and 5-pound sizes and bags are one pound each.
Freshness and Quality Ingredients Guaranteed
The freshness of the food is one of the main reasons for its popularity. The company says that it uses only human-grade ingredients sourced from local farmers. Freshpet uses real meat as one of its key ingredients, along with vegetables and fruits grown locally. These ingredients are mixed to create a tasty meal that keeps your dog healthy and happy.
Freshpet offers many grain-free recipes and products, but some contain grains. The label will tell you which ones are grain-free. In addition, your local grocery and pet stores may carry Freshpet dog food. Visit the Freshpet website to find retailers near you.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
If you’re concerned about the source and quality of ingredients in dog food, Freshpet may be a good choice. While its products are pricey, they offer several protein options and a focus on small-batch freshness.
Freshpet recipes are formulated to meet the high standards set by the Global Animal Partnership. Their rolls and bags contain many healthy ingredients, and all their food is made from fresh, local sources. It’s also processed in the USA. These recipes exceed the minimum nutritional requirements established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials.
If your pet’s stomach is upset, try mixing new foods with his old favorites and slowly increasing the new flavors. To transition your pet to Freshpet, begin by mixing a small amount of Freshpet with your pet’s current food and then gradually increasing the amount every few days. After ten days, you can fully transition your pet.
However, Freshpet products should be refrigerated at all times and must be used within seven days of opening. Also, you may freeze some of its patties, but check the packaging for confirmation and complete storage instructions.