- High-density memory foam – If you’ve been reading about the benefits of memory foam, you’ve likely seen some customers complain that their memory foam worked great – until it didn’t. Often, this is the result of the memory foam losing its shape. The Dogbed4less orthopedic bed utilizes high-density memory foam, which is five times the normal density of a memory foam bed. That means this memory bed will keep its shape longer without sagging.
- Denim, zippered outer cover – This cover is removable for easy cleaning; however, it is also meant to prevent allergies in your dog (and your family). The denim is also stronger and more durable than some other outer fabrics.
- Memory foam insert is four inches in height – This memory foam is not only high density, but it is thick, too. Even larger breed dogs won’t sink down to the floor when resting on this orthopedic bed. There is also a zippered internal cover that will keep this four-inch memory foam from getting wet (it’s waterproof).
- Comes with a second cover in suede fabric – This allows for pet parents to remove the denim cover for cleaning and replace it with the suede cover. The suede cover also offers to keep Fido extra warm during the cold days of winter.
- Not for dogs who love to chew – The product description of the Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam dog bed states that this product is definitely NOT for dogs that love to chew. Although the denim is meant to be durable, it is cotton twill, and it can be destroyed by chewing behavior.
- Only recommended for certain breeds – This bed is intended for Labrador Retrievers, Bulldog breeds, Poodles, hound breeds, terrier breeds, and Schnauzers. Remember, some of these breeds love to chew, so we’re a little confused on the recommended breed list.
We hear about the benefits of an orthopedic mattress for ourselves, but what about a memory foam mattress for our canine companions? Some dogs, as they age, develop osteoarthritis, which is painful and can affect Fido’s quality of life. Other dog breeds are more prone to developing issues such as hip or elbow dysplasia, and an orthopedic mattress can help with these debilitating health issues.
So, you’re considering an orthopedic bed for Fido? Let’s take a look at the Dogbed4less brand Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed.
Features of Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Many layers make up this memory foam bed
The bed is made of a gel cooling memory foam pad as well as an internal zippered cover which is waterproof, an external zippered cover in denim material, and a MicroSuede bonus external cover. It is typically recommended for large breed dogs.
Easy to keep clean
There are two covers included in the Dogbed4less orthopedic memory foam bed. The two exterior covers can be swapped out in order to wash the other. An internal cover is waterproof, and it can easily be removed for cleaning too.
A “true” orthopedic memory foam bed
Although this bed has a cooling gel layer, the memory foam itself is not multiple layers glued together. The memory foam itself is four inches thick; it is more like the orthopedic memory foam we’d see in our “human” beds.
Will reduce joint pain and provides the ability to get deep sleep
One of the best things you can do for your dog is to provide a means for deep, restful sleep. This memory foam will contour to your dog’s body, and it will not flatten as the product ages.
Machine washable and dryable
The outer cover as well as the internal waterproof cover are easily removed for cleaning. The exterior cover can be replaced temporarily with the MicroSuede cover which will allow for Fido to continue enjoying the benefits of the bed while you clean the denim cover.
Soft and comfortable for dogs of any age
Although the company touts the resilience of the denim outer cover, the real softness occurs when you replace the outer denim cover with the MicroSuede cover. The MicroSuede cover can be utilized in dogs that don’t shed much, and it’s great for Fido during the winter months. The denim outer cover is somewhat soft; it’s made of twill, so it’s not “hard” denim. It is better for dogs that do shed a lot of dogs that live in a warmer area of the US.
Offers a jumbo size bed for giant breeds
One customer related that she purchased the bed for a St. Bernard that had outgrown every other bed ever purchased. She related that the product not only accommodated her pup’s size, but it also did not break down over time.
This is highly important for pet parents who have hardwood floors or tile where they’d like to place the bed. Some dog beds do not have “grippers” that will keep the bed in place, but the Dogbed4less offers an “anti-skid” bottom for this purpose.
Offers pressure support as well as improved circulation
The Dogbed4less offers sturdy memory foam that not only gives pressure support for large and giant breed dogs but also helps to improve circulation. Dogs will see an improvement in their daily aches and pains, and they will be able to get better rest, which will improve Fido’s quality of life overall.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
Do you have a dog that is older and is experiencing pain from arthritis? Do you have a dog that has been diagnosed with a joint issue such as hip or elbow dysplasia or patellar luxation? If so, then this bed just may help your dog to sleep and rest well.
While many of today’s best dog beds are marketed to pet parents of older dogs, purchasing a bed of this type is a good idea if you own a breed that has a genetic predisposition to one of the aforementioned joint issues.
Finally, a bed such as the Dogbed4less is really great for any type of dog large or small. It can help to alleviate the onset of certain joint issues , and it will help a dog that is currently experiencing dysplasia, patellar luxation, or plain old osteoarthritis.