- Functions as a usable piece of furniture where you can place side lamps, rest beverages, or place books when you’re not reading them. Useful as a side table next to your couch in your living room, a bedside table in your bedroom, and more.
- Modern design and sleek solid wood veneer cover makes this dog crate furniture appealing and complimentary for many different styles of homes. The color of the finish plays well with others and will look good with lots of different furniture.
- Multiple functionality allows you to get the most out of your purchase. Not only is this a dog crate, but it’s also a side table and a door gate. If the door gate is too large, simply remove a panel at a time until you get the size that you need.
- Includes a convenient removable plastic tray that lines the bottom of the crate. This serves not only to protect your floor beneath, but also to make it easy to clean up any messes that your dog creates should they arise.
- This is not the most durable dog crate out there, and is really only well suited for smaller dogs and less aggressive breeds. If your dog has a tendency to want to get out of the crate and has the strength to do so, you might find that they can easily bend the bars to get out.
Are you looking for a dog crate for your small pup? How about a crate that doubles as a snazzy-looking piece of furniture? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then Merry Pet 2-in-1 might very well be a great choice for you. It’s not for everyone, but it can be perfect if it turns out to be just what you’re looking for. It may even save you some money if it checks off multiple boxes in one go. Does all of this sound good to you? If so, keep reading because we’re about to dig deeper into this versatile and appealing dog crate.
Features of Merry Pet 2-in-1 Configurable Pet Crate and Gate
Looks Just Like Real Furniture
The Merry Pet 2-in-1 looks and functions just like real furniture because in essence that’s exactly what it is. Not only will it make a safe and comfortable place for your dog to call its home within your living area, but it can also function as an end table where you can put side lamps, rest beverages while watching television, and more.
Your Dog’s Den, In Your Den
Did you know that dogs are creatures with denning tendencies? When they live in the wild they tend to find areas that are cozy and removed from the outside where they can rest and sleep without worrying about threats. With the Merry Pet 2-in-1 they’ll be able to make that den right where your family spends their time, so they’ll feel like part of the family too.
Not all furniture is created equal, and some can certainly clash with others depending on your home’s style. The Merry Pet 2-in-1 has an elegant yet modern design, and it is finished with a solid wood veneer. The color and the design are not extreme and will work well with many different types of furniture, so you should have no trouble finding a suitable place for it in your home.
Convenient Plastic Tray
Many of today’s dog crates come with a convenient plastic tray that lines the bottom of the crate to make cleanup convenient and accessible. Despite it’s double-function as an attractive piece of furniture, the Merry Pet 2-in-1 is no exception. The included plastic tray makes it easy to clean up messes if and when they do arise, and it protects your floor beneath it in the mean time.
A Standalone Crate
Perhaps the style of your house doesn’t jive with the design and the finish of the Merry Pet 2-in-1? Or maybe you just don’t need another side table in your living room? In either case, don’t let that it hold you back from buying the Merry Pet 2-in-1 if you like the looks of it. You can use it as a dog crate with or without the top panel.
A Gate When You Need It
Another great feature of the merry pet 2-in-1 is that it not only functions as a side table and a crate, but it also can serve as a barrier gate as well. If you want to block off a door or an entry way to keep your pup in a particular room or out of a certain area you can make that happen too. Just remove the top panel, expand the walls and you’re good to go.
If you decide to go the gate route with the Merry Pet, you may quickly find that you don’t need the full length that it opens up to. A standard door for example may only need a few of the panels to completely block the opening. Luckily, that’s not a problem at all thanks to the way the Merry Pet has been designed. Simply remove the panels you don’t need until the size is right.
Simple to Assemble
We’re not all handymen, and most of us don’t want to be for a reason. When we buy products and bring them back to our home we can really appreciate designs that make assembly a breeze. Luckily the Merry Pet rings true and is very straight forward to put together. With no tools required, you’ll have the crate standing on it’s own without too much struggle.
Closing Thoughts: Is This The Crate For You?
While we really like the looks of the Merry Pet 2-in-1, it would be remiss to say that this dog crate is suitable for every circumstance. As far as crates go, this is really not the strongest design and for that reason it is best suited for smaller dogs and calmer breeds. A strong and determined dog could easily bend the bars enough to escape. Not only would this mean your dog is no longer contained, but it would also more or less ruin the appearance of the crate. If you have a bigger dog, check out some of the other options we recommend at The Pampered Pup.
However, that’s not to say there aren’t some great benefits of this dog crate. If you have a smaller and more passive dog they should be just fine in the Merry Pet 2-in-1. You’ll be able to make them a home of their own right in your living room, so that they can spend more time close with your family. Plus, if you’re in need of a side table anyway then you’re really getting a good bang for your buck. If the crate is right for the dog and the side table is right for your home, then you really can’t go wrong with the Merry Pet 2-in-1.