Do you have a large breed dog that you’re looking to crate train? How about a dog that loves to chew on their crate, and maybe has even mangled one or two in the past? Or how about a dog that is seemingly destined to escape from their crate, no matter how well you lock it up? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Gelinzon dog crate might very well be the best option for you. Let’s take a look at some of its great features.
Excellent Construction Quality
If you’re looking for a crate that can stand up to heavy use for your dog then you’re going to need something with rugged construction. The Gelinzon is built with steel, and it is resistant to rust and corrosion. It is coated with a non-toxic finish that further improves its resistance to deterioration. To put it simply, this crate is strong and durable.
Keeps Your Dog From Escaping
Some dogs are just trouble makers. We love them nonetheless, but they can drive us crazy. If your dog has been known to find its way out of locked crates, then you know what this feels like. The Gelinzon is designed with two locks on the door and safety buckles that make it extremely difficult for a dog to get out. Unless they are truly the canine version of Houdini, the Gelinzon will do a good job of keeping them contained.
Double Door Design
The Gelinzon features not one but two doors for accessing the inside of the crate. The front door is the perfect entry way for your dog to get in when they’re ready, and the perfect exit when its time for them to get out. If you want to interact with your pup while they’re in the crate without letting them out, simply use the door at the top. It’s perfect for fixing bedding, adding toys to the crate, and just having a way to pet your dog while they’re in the crate.
On A Roll
One concern that might arise when you’re deciding whether or not to buy a particularly heavy duty dog crate is how easily you’ll be able to maneuver it once it’s been assembled. Each of the Gelinzon’s four corners are propped up on castors that rotate a full 360˚ for simple navigation. When you’ve moved the crate to its final resting place simply lock the castors to prevent it from rolling around the room.
Take It Outdoors
Not all dog crates are made to standards that allow them to be used outdoors. The superior corrosion resistance discussed earlier makes the Gelinzon suitable for containing your dog outside when the weather is nice. The frame will resist rust and corrosion, and the finish is even fade resistant. Just wheel the crate outside when it’s time for your dog to spend some time in the fresh air.
When you take a look at the pictures of the Gelinzon it can look a bit daunting. It’s large, it’s metal, and it looks heavy. Don’t worry though, assembling the Gelinzon is not a hard task at all. According to the manufacturer, all you’ll have to do is insert and fasten eight screws and attache the wheels, the rest is already done for you. They estimate 3-5 minutes required for assembly.
No matter how hard you try, there’s always going to be some mess that comes about from keeping your dog in a crate. Whether it’s hair, food, water, or an unfortunately-timed accident, it’s nice to know that the Gelinzon features a removable tray that sits below the crate for easy cleaning. When a mess starts to accumulate simply remove the tray for cleaning and put it back when you’re done. It’s that simple.
Backed By The Manufacturer
When making a purchase you want to know that you’re buying a quality product, especially when the price tags start to escalate. You don’t need to worry about the Gelinzon in this regard, as the manufacturer offers a three year warranty on the product. They wouldn’t offer such a long warranty period if they didn’t have faith in the quality!
- Built with durable steel that is resistant to rust and corrosion and finished with a non-toxic coating to further inhibit deterioration. This dog crate is designed to last for years to come.
- Fitted with rugged locks on the door to keep your dog safely contained within the crate, even if they have a knack for escaping from more flimsy standard designs.
- Outfitted with four castors with full 360˚ rotation capabilities so that you can maneuver the crate anywhere you want or need it to be. Once in place you can lock the castors to ensure that it doesn’t roll around the floor during use.
- Removable tray makes cleaning a breeze. Whatever falls through the floor of the crate collects in the tray, and when the mess starts to accumulate you can simply remove the tray for rinsing and cleaning. Put it back when you’re done and you’re good to go.
- Backed by a three year warrant from the manufacturer. If anything goes wrong with the crate once you’ve purchased it they’ll be there for you to help get the issue sorted out.
- Some users find that the grating at the bottom of the crate can be a little rough on your dog’s feet. If you also find this to case it is recommended to put a mat down. This can also be avoided with a dog bed inside.
Wrapping It Up: Is This The Right One For You?
Wow, talk about a deep dive! Now that we’ve discussed everything there is to know about the Gelinzon Heavy Duty Dog Crate only one question remains – is this the right choice for you and your dog?
Here’s what to look for. If you have a large breed, this is a good option. If you have a dog that needs something a bit more durable than standard because they like to chew their crate, then this is definitely good option. If you have a dog that has been known to try to escape from their crate for any number of reasons, then this crate will come to the rescue. It may be overkill if you have a tiny chihuahua, but you’re going to know for sure if that’s the case. If you’re looking for a nearly indestructible dog crate that can stand up to whatever your dog throws at it then the Gelinzon can be a great choice for you.