- Quality construction with metal wire framing that is sure to withstand all that your puppy puts it through. The metal wire is rounded on the interior so there are no sharp edges that could otherwise hurt your pup.
- Great for everyday use, travel, and storage. This crate is lightweight and easy to move around. It can also easily fold up for convenient storage when you need it or transportation if you’re taking your pup on the road with you.
- Comes with a convenient tray that rests beneath the crate that catches anything that falls before it makes it to your floor. Any time you need a cleaning simply remove the tray and wash it own.
- The option for a double-door design makes it very easy to access the interior of the crate so that you can rearrange your dog’s bed, give them toys, or even just poke your head in to say hello.
- While it is incredibly convenient, some users have found that the plastic tray beneath the crate can be a little noisy. If you find that this is the case you can try either shimming the tray with cardboard or even laying a towel down beneath it to absorb any vibrations.
Are you looking to crate train your dog? There are so many benefits to doing so, and it can also be a great way to give your dog their own place to call home within your living space. You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get a decent dog crate though. These days there are many affordable models to choose from that are well made and will be sure to keep your dog safe. One such model is the AmazonBasics Single and Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate. Let’s take a closer look at its features and see if it’s the right fit for you.
Features of AmazonBasics Single and Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
Whenever you buy something that is more affordable you may have concerns as to whether the great price comes at the cost of quality. With the AmazonBasics dog crate that is simply not the case. It is made from durable metal wire that provides excellent strength as well as plenty of ventilation for your pet. Better yet, the wire edges are rounded so they won’t pose the risk of harming your pup.
One or Two Doors
Every dog crate needs a way in and a way out. With the AmazonBasics you even get to upgrade to two doors if you prefer. The first door is helpful for obvious reasons, to give an access point for your dog. The second door, should you spring for it, is incredibly useful for organizing the inside of the crate, whether that be the dog’s toys or bedding.
Control The Size
One of the largest struggles in choosing the perfect dog crate is how fast your puppy grows, especially when you are training a larger breed. They may start off small, but they can grow into a rather large size fairly quickly. The AmazonBasics comes with a divider so that you can control the size of the the crate as your pet grows, so it won’t be oversized as to encourage elimination in the crate.
Bring it With You
In a lot of cases people are interested in buying a dog crate so that their pet can have a safe place to stay during travel, most often by car. One of the great things about the AmazonBasics dog crate is that it is light weight and compact, so if you want to strap it into the back seat to give your furry friend a comfortable and safe place to stay you certainly have that option.
Your Choice of Sizing
Dog crates are not a one-size-fits-all commodity. Bigger pups will need bigger crates, and smaller pups will need something scaled down accordingly to suit their size. Whatever breed your pup may be you’ll be able to find an option that fits their size perfectly, so you won’t have to worry about the crate being too big or too small.
Nobody wants the chore of a laborious assembly project when they something online. Luckily this won’t be something you need to worry about. The AmazonBasics dog crate couldn’t be easier to set up. With no tools required, simply unfold the collapsed design and it will be ready for your dog to use in seconds.
The AmazonBasics wire dog crate comes with a convenient plastic tray that resides beneath the crate, making cleanup quite a manageable task. If your dog spills their food, water, or treats there is little to worry about. Plus, in the unfortunate even of an accident on your pup’s behalf you can simply wash the mess away and replace the tray.
Store it Away
It’s not always desirable to have your dog crate fully assembled and taking up space. If you’re looking to entertain or travel for example it’s nice if you can easily store your pet’s crate. The AmazonBasics can easily be folded up to make it compact when not in use, so you can store it or bring it with you whenever you need to.
Final Thoughts: Is This The Crate For You?
When you’re looking for a dog crate the last thing you want to do is buy something that just isn’t right fo your dog. While it may not be the best dog crate you can find today, the AmazonBasics absolutely checks off almost all of the boxes and comes at a very affordable price tag. Better yet, you can find the right size for your dog because there are many options to pick from.
Keep in mind that this is a fairly basic dog crate, and if your pup demands something more than the standard offering for any reason you may want to look at more specialized options. That said, this design is sturdy, easy to assemble, and easy to fold up and stow away when you’re not using it. If what you’re looking for is an affordable and dependable dog crate, then this will almost certainly suit your needs.