When you’re dog has a tendency to bark excessively it can be quite troublesome. Not only can it be annoying to you and your household, but in certain cases it can even cause trouble with neighbors. Many pet owners turn to bark collars to help remedy this situation, but it’s not uncommon for you to be hesitant to use traditional shock collars.
While shock collars can certainly be humane if they are used properly, they are not the only way to make sure that there is no harm to your beloved pet. Alternatively, you could try a collar that doesn’t shock and instead solely vibrates, such as the DogRook Humane anti-barking collar. Wouldn’t it be great if you could get your dog to stop barking simply by having them wear an affordable, convenient bark collar that simply will not shock them?
Of course it would! However, the very next question that’s likely to enter your mind is whether or not a bark collar that doesn’t shock can be that effective. Don’t worry, this article is going to provide you with all you need to know to determine if this is an effective solution for your dog. We’ll go over what’s good and what’s bad about this model, and we’ll also take a look at some of it’s most impressive features. Finally, we’ll help you decide if this is the right bark collar for you. But first, here’s a quick look at the DogRook Bark Collar:
Now, let’s get right into the pros and cons of the DogRook bark collar:
- Collar is completely safe and does not utilize shocking to train your dog to stop barking.
- No need for citronella spray as an alternative to traditional shock collars.
- Warns your dog when they start barking with three reminder sounds, then emits a painless vibration that your dog will find unpleasant.
- Eliminates the need to constantly give your dog verbal commands to get them to stop barking, and is also more effective than verbal commands.
- Can leave the collar on all the time or only when needed, as the training mechanism won’t hurt your dog.
- Dog owners of a variety of breeds and sizes are surprised how effective this collar can be for getting their dog to stop barking.
- DogRook’s customer service is incredibly helpful if you are having trouble with the collar.
- In order for the collar to work properly and optimally, you have to make sure that the fit is just right. If it is too loose, your dog may chew at it or find a way to get it off. Conversely, as with any collar, you don’t want to have it too tight around your dog’s neck.
- Should your dog decide to chew at the strap, it’s not the most robust strap and will have a tendency to fray.
- Some dogs won’t respond to the vibration to get them to stop barking. While this is possible, for the price and the safety of the product it’s worth giving it a try.
Now that we’ve gone through the main pros and cons of the DogRook humane anti-barking collar, let’s take a look at the most impressive features that it has to offer.
No Question – It’s Completely Humane
What really sets this bark collar apart from many of the others you can find is that it utilizes vibrations and sounds to get your dog to understand that you need them to stop barking. Choose from 7 sensitivity levels to adjust to the volume of your dog’s bark so that it will trigger correction when necessary. There will be absolutely no shocks or citronella spray when you train your dog to stop barking using this collar.
The Collar Fits Most Dogs
Whether your pup is big or small there’s a pretty good chance that this anti-barking collar will fit them. It’s designed for dogs as little as 11 lbs all the way up to 110 lbs. The strap to the collar is very high quality and can be easily adjusted to fit your dog’s neck at the appropriate snugness. It fits neck sizes ranging from 9 to 22 inches.
Tuning the settings on this collar is easy and straightforward. All you need are two onboard buttons for you to adjust the sensitivity required to trigger a correction from level 1 to level 7. Just remember this simple rule – the louder your dog barks, the lower the sensitivity level you’ll need for proper operation.
Your Dog Can Wear It Anywhere
There’s no need to worry about where your dog is or the weather conditions outside when your dog wears this anti-barking collar. Not only does it not produce a shock, but it’s also waterproof. If your fur baby goes for a run in the rain or rolls in a puddle there’s nothing to worry about.
It Won’t Trigger When Other Dogs Are Around
One of the long-standing problems of using bark collars to train your dog is that they can often pick up barks from other nearby dogs and cause an inadvertent correction. Luckily, the DogRook bark collar is designed such that it won’t react to barks from other dogs.
Is This The Right Bark Collar For Your Dog?
If you’re looking for a way to train your dog to stop barking without using a shock collar, then we can highly recommend the DogRook bark collar. Sure, you could simply tell your dog to stop barking whenever there’s a problem, but we all know how ineffective that can be when we need it to work most. More importantly, how are you supposed to keep your dog from barking when you’re not home? The DogRook bark collar solves these issues elegantly, and at a price that makes it almost no-risk.
Better yet, the customer service from DogRook is top-notch. If you encounter any problems when you’re using this bark collar, they’ll help you get it sorted out as best they can. Plus, they back the collar with a full 1-year warranty. Should anything go wrong they’ll be there to stand behind their product. At such an affordable price and high level of safety, it’s a no-brainer to give this bark collar a try.