Our #1 Favorite: Garmin BarkLimiterFRESHEST PRICE →
Why We LOVE It:
- Your choice of vibration or static stimulation to discourage unwanted barking.
- Automatically adjusts the static stimulation intensity if your dog chooses to continue barking.
- Built-in bark counter helps you track how well it’s working and diagnose any potential issues.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Battery life: Up to 3 months per charge.
- Good for: Pups of all ages, breeds, and sizes.
- Waterproof rating: IPX7.
This post was last updated on October 1, 2020
Even the cutest of pups can get a little excited from time to time. There’s no shame in it – as much as we love communicating with our dogs, sometimes they could benefit from a little bit of bark control (and so could we!).
Don’t worry, these dog bark collars are safe and humane for your dog. They’re the tried and true best method for training your pooch to stop barking excessively.
You may be short on time, and we get it. We’re all so busy these days. We’ll give you a quick comparison of our favorite anti-bark collars in the table below, then we’ll get into the nitty-gritty in our reviews.
The Best Dog Anti Bark Collars of 2020
|Garmin BarkLimiter||CHECK LATEST PRICE →|
|BarkWise Complete||CHECK LATEST PRICE →|
|Authen No Bark Collar||CHECK LATEST PRICE →|
|PetSpy M686||CHECK LATEST PRICE →|
|DogRook No Shock Bark Collar||CHECK LATEST PRICE →|
Let’s dive into our dog bark collar reviews to see what these models and many others have to offer so you can find the best one for your pet.
Best Overall: Garmin BarkLimiter Deluxe Dog Training Collar
- Correction can be set to stimulation or vibration.
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery has a battery life of 3 months per charge.
- The level of intensity will automatically increase until your dog stops barking.
- Built-in bark counter works to determine efficiency by recording the number of total barks.
- Battery life is sufficient, but could be improved.
Is a barking dog driving you crazy? If you have tried everything else to stop your dog barking, it may be time for a whole new level of correction. Our pick for the best bark collar is the Garmin Barklimiter which is designed to end the excessive barking of your dog once and for all.
The new Garmin Barklimiter is designed to be lightweight, portable, and very handy. It works by giving your dog a carefully graded regimen of bark correction. The various levels can be set to stimulation or vibration mode. This will provide a course of effective, safe, and painless correction for your dog.
The intensity will automatically increase as your dog barks until they finally get the message. The battery life of this special bark limiting device is 3 months. This means that it will work at full efficiency for 90 days at a stretch. It may even stop the barking on a permanent basis long before this period of time elapses.
This model comes with a specially designed bark counter. This feature works to determine the overall efficiency of the collar as well as the type of correction your dog is receiving. It does this by recording the total number of barks.
It also comes with intuitive technology that helps to distinguish between barking and other sounds. This reduces unnecessary corrections and keeps your dog from being disciplined without due cause. It’s a handy safety feature that will also extend the life of the included battery.
Best No Shock Collar: BarkWise Complete
- No shock bark collar that relies on ultrasonic sound and vibration to correct your dog’s barking habits.
- 60 day money back guarantee (not many companies do this!) and 1 year warranty.
- Audible sound can also be used for dogs that are hard of hearing.
- Option to use the collar with a conveniently-sized remote.
- While most dogs respond well to the ultrasonic sounds and vibration, some dogs may respond better to a shock.
If the idea of using a shock collar on your dog is off-putting, you’re not alone. Even if some products offer both vibration and shock settings, sometimes dog owners just feel better if there is no shocking mechanism involved at all. The BarkWise Complete from Good Life is our top choice for shock-free bark collars.
The BarkWise Complete utilizes vibrations, ultrasonic signals, and audible signals to notify your dog that it’s time to stop barking. This means that it is completely humane for your dog – no questions about it.
The BarkWise Complete is designed with Good Life’s Advanced Bark Recognition™ technology, which allows for incredibly accurate bark correction. False corrections are reduced to a minimum, and real corrections are detected more accurately than ever.
Frankly, it’s surprising how well it works. The Good Life team is so sure you’ll be satisfied that they even offer a 60-day money back guarantee. If this sounds like the right model for your dog, you truly have nothing to lose by giving it a try.
Best Value: Authen No Bark Collar
- Beeps, vibrates, and if necessary gently shocks to indicate to your dog that it’s time to stop barking.
- Battery charges quickly and lasts long.
- Simple and straightforward to use.
- Affordably priced and incredibly effective.
- Might miss small barks due to its advanced detection mechanism that focuses on safety.
It’s no surprise that this bark collar is one of the most popular and top rated on Amazon. If you’re in need of a little bit of dog bark control this model covers all of the bases and still comes at quite an affordable price tag.
It’s hard to imagine a bark collar as intelligent, but in fact, there was quite a bit of thought put into the logic of this device. It is about as safe as you can ever expect a product of this nature to be. It filters out barks from other dogs, and it won’t be activated when your dog simply shakes their head. Furthermore, the first bark only triggers a warning, and the collar will only activate if there are subsequent barks within 30 seconds of the first. Choose to use the collar with or without shock, and hopefully with some training all your dog will need is the audible beep and the vibration to keep their barks at bay.
Beyond safety, it’s worth noting that this bark control collar is waterproof and will work just fine outside under any weather conditions. It’s powered by a rechargeable battery with an impressively long life, and it can be charged via USB in a matter of hours. This is a bark collar that we can recommend for just about any dog owner.
>> Read our full Authen bark collar review. <<
Best With Remote: PetSpy M686 Premium Dog Training Collar
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to operate once mastered.
- Can provide training and guidance from up to 1,100 yards.
- Eight adjustable levels of vibration and shock.
- Backed by a full warranty of guaranteed quality direct from the manufacturer.
- Device should be easy enough for most owners to operate. However, it may require a bit of perusal of the included owner’s manual to completely master.
- May be a bit pricy for the budget of some buyers. However, the included features make this a very worthy long term investment for dog owners.
A barking dog can cause all kinds of problems. They can keep you awake at night and annoy your neighbors to the point of distraction. If you love your four legged friend but hate their nonstop barking, now is the time to take action. The PetSpy M686 Premium Dog Training Collar will help put a stop to the problem.
You don’t want to give your dog a nasty, debilitating shock every time they make a peep. Instead of a “one size fits all” model that can terrorize them, this new model is designed to let the “punishment” fit the “crime.” The response from the collar is adjusted to only increase in severity when your dog’s barking really gets out of hand.
The new PetSpy M686 provides eight adjustable levels of vibration and shock. It also gives you four training modes. These modes include continuous and convulsive shock, vibration, and sound. The idea is to gradually increase the level of response for as long as your dog barks.
This handy device is fully rechargeable and completely waterproof. It also comes complete with a movement sensor that will save you a great deal of energy over the long run.
This new model is operational up to a distance of 1,100 yards. This gives your dog plenty of encouragement to curtail their excessive barking, even when you are temporarily out of their direct sightline.
Runner Up: DogRook No Shock
- Great for dogs who don’t need a static shock to discourage them from barking.
- Cute collar for small to medium-sized dogs.
- 7 levels of vibration and tone to keep your dog from barking.
- Unquestionably humane option for training your dog not to bark.
- Doesn’t provide a static shock if needed, though some dog owners prefer this.
- Straps can be easily chewed through if your dog tries.
The DogRook bark collar is a slightly cuter design than we’re used to seeing, and it still has a lot to offer. It features seven levels of vibration and sound to discourage your dog from vocalizing their opinion excessively. Unlike a lot of the alternatives you’ll find, this vibrating dog bark collar doesn’t produce any shock at all. While it may not be as effective as a shock based collar, it may be enough for your dog.
Many dog owners are reluctant to use shock collars in the first place, for fear that they are inhumane. While this isn’t the case if they are used properly, opting for a dog bark collar that only vibrates does indeed take this question out of the equation.
The DogRook comes with a high-quality strap that is easy to adjust, and it fits neck sizes of 9 to 22 inches. It’s important to keep in mind that it’s not quite large enough for bigger dogs, so if you have massive pooch you might want to look elsewhere. All in all, if you’re looking for a model that won’t produce a shock, this is one of the top options you can consider.
>> Read our full DogRook humane anti-barking collar review. <<
More Dog Bark Collar Reviews
The aforementioned bark collars are particularly noteworthy, which is why they made it to the top of our best product list. However, no review would be complete without touching upon some of the other products you can find, and the fact is you might find them to be the best for you. Here are our thoughts on some of the other popular collars you’re likely to come across in your search:
TBI Pro Q6
- Incredibly effective for preventing your dog from barking excessively.
- Shock is not painful.
- Nicely sized unit to fit your dog’s neck.
- Can be set to beep, vibrate, or shock.
- Rechargeable and waterproof.
- May pick up false barks from surrounding loud noises from time to time.
- Won’t pick up some lower “woofs”.
Another great bark control collar that’s hard to miss on Amazon is the TBI Pro Q6. At first glance, it almost appears that this collar is military issued, and when you read into details further you might get the impression that this stylistic choice was intentional.
The TBI Pro Q6 actually runs on a Qualcomm microprocessor, which is part of what allows it’s humane design. It includes an Intelligent Anti Injury Chip, so that it can effectively reduce any nuisance barking without causing any harm. Best of all, It features five levels of sensitivity and can be set to train with beeping, vibration, or gentle shocking if necessary.
Complementing the military-like design, this anti-bark collar is waterproof making it ideal for use when the weather is not the greatest. While it’s still recommended that you remove the collar when your dog is swimming, it’s one of the better dog bark collars for pets that like to roll around in puddles and mud.
Read our full TBI Pro bark collar review.
DOG CARE Training Collar
- Adjustable levels of shocking (or none at all!), particularly helpful in the low range.
- Vibration setting is enough for training some dogs.
- Accommodates up to 9 collars for dog owners with multiple pooches.
- Remote features a lock to prevent accidental activations.
- Collars are a bit large in size.
- Slight delay between pressing the button and the signal activating in the collar.
While the standard design for a dog barking collar is fairly automated in operation, a lot of our readers are seeking a product that is operated by remote. If this sounds like you, then look no further than the DOG CARE Training Collar – the best in it’s class.
If you just want a vibrating dog collar, that’s no problem. You can choose to set it to only vibrate, or to beep or shock for that matter. Worried about accidentally shocking your dog when they’re being well behaved? This product comes complete with a keypad lock so accidents like this won’t happen.
What really sets this system apart though is the fact that it can support up to 9 dogs simultaneously using just a single remote, with each collar getting its own channel. You can adjust the static level from 0-99, giving you an incredible amount of flexibility to find the perfect setting to get your dog’s attention without going overboard. It covers a range of up to 330 yards which is more than enough for most dog owner’s needs. If you’re looking for a remote-controlled type of bark collar, this is probably the best one you’re going to find.
Read our full DOG CARE training collar review.
PATPET Dog Shock Collar With Remote
- 16 levels of static shock so that you can use just enough to train your dog.
- Silicone prongs minimize irritation to the skin.
- Long battery life and quick charging.
- Great value at a great price.
- Remote feels a bit light, though some users may like this.
- Instructions for the system could be more clear.
The PATPET is another top choice when it comes to barking shock collars for pet owners who are looking for the ability to operate via a remote. It’s a safe, effective, and humane training device that produces 16 levels of static shock, as well as 8 levels of vibration and a standard tone mode. That’s quite a bit to choose from, it’s almost like the “swiss army knife” of dog training collars.
One thing that dog owners love most about this vibration collar system is that the remote is ergonomically designed with nice buttons and a very simple interface. Both the collar receiver and remote operate on rechargeable batteries, and they get days of normal use from a single 2-hour charge. The USB charging line can charge both the remote and the collar at the same time.
In terms of range, this system covers up to 1,000 feet, which should be plenty unless you are planning to train your dog from an abnormally far distance. You can also train two dogs simultaneously with the remote if you purchase a second collar.
Read our full PATPET training collar review.
PetSafe Spray Bark Collar
- Senses your dog’s unique bark. This helps avoid correction being directed at your dog in error when other dogs are nearby.
- Comes with two different cartridge formulas, unscented and citronella, so you can see which one works best for your dog.
- The long-life battery lasts for up to 40 hours, and it charges very quickly, in around 2 hours or less.
- PetSafe guarantees sanctification of this product with their “No Bark Guarantee.”
- Cartridges contain around 35 sprays each, but these can go very fast if your dog is a constant barker.
- Cartridges are not refillable with liquid.
Finally, a more humane approach to correcting excessive barking! The PetSafe Spray Bark Collar is a kinder alternative to other corrective dog barking collars that emit high pitched sounds or electric shock when your pet is being a little bit too vocal.
Instead, this clever spray collar uses innovative technology to sense your pet’s unique sound via microphone so that when your dog is barking too much, the attached cartridge releases a light spritz to your canine companion. Cartridges are filled with a gentle, nontoxic liquid that comes in unscented and citronella formulas.
This adjustable collar is designed for all breeds of adult dogs that weigh eight pounds or more. Made of waterproof, lightweight nylon, it adjusts to fit dogs with up to 27” necks. The model comes with two cartridges (one each of unscented and citronella) and a USB charger. The battery will last up to 40 hours, and the collar recharges in only 2 hours. LED indicators show when the battery charge and cartridge contents are low. Each cartridge holds around 35 sprays, and replacements are available and easy to fit.
PetSafe stands behind this product with a “No Bark Guarantee.” If you’re not completely satisfied with the results of this anti-bark collar, you are encouraged to contact PetSafe to resolve whatever problems you might be having with the product.
DOG CARE Bark Collar
- Progressive training feature is a nice way to ensure the collar doesn’t shock too much.
- Auto shutoff after 30 seconds keeps your dog safe in extreme situations.
- Easily switch between vibration and shock training.
- Long battery life.
- Does not come with a rechargeable battery, but the batteries are readily available.
- Bark sensor doesn’t work with all bark types.
This bark collar from DOG CARE sure looks snazzy, and it’s actually packed with quite a few features that qualify it on our list of the best shock collars for dogs. Maybe it will even make it up there to #1 someday once it has a bit more of a track record. Time will tell!
This model has pretty strict false barking detection that helps protect against accidental shocking, and it features progressive training so that only as much shock is used as needed to keep your dog from excessively barking. It will also safely shut off if your dog continues barking for 30 seconds after the static shocking has been initiated.
Better yet, this bark collar has two training modes. You can set it to either vibrate or shock, and you can easily alternate between the two modes using a single button. It also gets quite a bit of run time from the batteries, and it features a simple low battery indicator when the time comes to replace it. While this is not as nice as a rechargeable system, it does at least utilize a somewhat standard 6V battery.
Read our full DOG CARE bark collar review.
PetSafe Basic Bark Control Collar
- Progressive shocking ensures that the minimum amount of shock required to keep your pup from barking is used.
- Collar is waterproof for inclement weather.
- Safety feature shuts off after 50 seconds of correction.
- False corrections are minimized using vibration detection.
- Not rechargeable and uses PetSafe RFA-67 batteries.
- Doesn’t work as well with long-haired dogs.
PetSafe is one of the bigger names in the world of dog training products, and it’s no surprise that they’ve thrown their hat in the ring when it comes to bark control collars. While their brand and reputation go a long way for selling their product, unfortunately, this collar simply is not the best when you compare it to the alternatives.
That’s not to say that there’s anything wrong with the PetSafe Basic Bark Control Collar. It offers six levels of progressive static correction, and has vibration detection to reduce the risk of false correction from other dogs barking nearby or random loud noises.
The nice thing about the progressive static correction is that it starts out with the lowest setting, and increases the correction level as your dog continues to bark. They’ve backed that up with a safety feature to automatically shut off the shocking after 50 seconds. If you like buying products from a brand you know and trust, this option from PetSafe will certainly get the job done.
PetYeah Dog Bark Collar
- Intelligent logic increases levels of static as dogs continue barking.
- Choose the sensitivity level you need to keep your dog from barking.
- Beeping and vibration alone are enough of a disturbance to stop many dogs from barking.
- Long battery life reduces the need for charging.
- Can be a large collar for small dogs.
- Little “woofs” might get by this collar, but they are not the main issue trying to be controlled.
This bark shock collar from PetYeah looks pretty similar to the Authen, and in fact, it functions pretty similarly as well. That doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s also a well-made product with a slew of features that can be obtained at an affordable price.
One thing that jumps out about the PetYeah Dog Bark Collars is that they feature a smart test mode. You can set the sensitivity level to zero, then blow on or yell at the receiver and it will cycle through the sound, vibration, and shock so that you can make sure that everything is working properly.
For training purposes, you can operate it with or without the shock, and in either case, the device will also beep and vibrate. It comes outfitted with a bright nylon collar which is great for visibility. The collar runs on a rechargeable battery, and the manufacturer estimates 10 days of normal use on a full charge.
Read our full PetYeah bark collar review.
Buying Guide: How To Choose Your Bark Collar
As you can see there are so many options for dog barking control (wearing a muzzle is another way of training). If you’ve looked into our choices for the best bark collars and read through our reviews, yet you still find yourself unable to choose the perfect one for your pup don’t worry. In this section, we’ll break down exactly what you should be looking for so that you can make a decision that you’re sure to be happy with.
One of the very first things you’ll want to consider is how this training collar is actually going to work for your dog. The vast majority of dog bark deterrent collars are going to offer the ability to produce some type of shock. Vibrating bark collars are an added bonus because in a lot of cases it will be enough to encourage your dog to remain quiet. Some collars will also produce a tone or a beep that can help your dog stop barking, and others will make use of citronella or spray.
Whilst no shock bark collars are ideal, the reality is that the best and most effective anti barkers do produce a shock. Plus, you can still have a humane bark collar that produces a shock. Many collars are specifically designed to produce a shock in such a way that it is not painful or harmful for your dog. When choosing a bark control collar for a pup, try to get a product that covers as many bases as possible.
Adjustable Signal Intensity
Assuming your anti-barking collar utilizes a shock for training, it’s best to get a product that allows for some level of adjustment in terms of signal strength. Some dogs respond to even the slightest amounts of shock, and that is more than enough to get their attention. Other dogs may need a bit stronger bark control, and usually, they’ll have no problem handling the higher signal. Always check in with your pet with that to find out. Many of the best anti-bark collars allow for at least 5 sensitivity levels, with some offering significantly more than this.
Most people in search of the best bark collars are looking for a device that works automatically, but there are some people who prefer a version operated by a remote for training their dog. When looking at models that are operated by remote, there are some particular things you’ll want to keep in mind. First and foremost, what is the range of the system? You’ll want a product that is suitable for the size of your yard, or whatever outdoor space you plan to use while you train your dog. The other point of importance is how many collars the remote will work with. If you have more than one dog, you can often find a model that accommodates multiple collars in a single system.
Another fairly common feature in stop barking collars is a waterproof enclosure. While few of them are truly waterproof to the extent that your pooch can wear it while swimming, choosing a dog collar with a waterproof enclosure makes it so that your dog will have no problems wearing it in inclement weather. If your dog loves the outdoors rain or shine, this is certainly a feature you’ll want to keep in mind.
For more great articles for your pup, make sure to visit our home page!