The AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence is intended to keep your pup safe on any open piece of property. Those with large backyards, those who take their dog camping or to the dog park can use this product to keep their dog in a proscribed area. The AngelaKerry GPS system is marketed to keep pets from getting lost, but users should be aware that the fence does not offer the GPS location that other containment systems such as the Halo dog collar do.
- Highly stable GPS signals – GPS is notorious for its variance in signal strength. Set up a GPS fence near tall buildings or lots of tall trees, and the GPS signal isn’t very reliable. This is why many wireless fences also incorporate a SIM card and cellular towers into their location accuracy configuration. However, with the AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence, the GPS signals are stable and reliable without the addition of a cellular signal to work properly.
- Design that avoids overstimulation – The AnglelaKerry GPS device is set up so that it only sends shocks to your dog when they pass through the designated safe zone. Should your dog continue outside the safe zone, the shocks will only continue for about twenty more seconds before shutting off. After one minute passes outside the safe zone, another twenty seconds of shocks will resume, but, after this, the shocks cease. The shocks will not continue indefinitely, unlike some other GPS devices.
- Advanced anti-interference operation – How can the AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence promise such a great GPS signal when other, well-reputed GPS devices must incorporate a cellular signal in order to offer the most accurate location information? The manufacturer considered this when designing the AngelaKerry Dog Fence for less obstruction of signal, even in the midst of tall buildings or trees so that dogs wouldn’t be accidentally shocked if the signal dropped momentarily.
- Great for training purposes – If you enjoy taking your dog to the park or out camping, the AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence is a great choice for keeping Fido safe as you allow him to roam freely. Those with larger backyards may use the AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence to train their pups to remain near the property while they are outdoors exercising. However, the manufacturers do not recommend using the fence around the perimeter of the house.
- Not recommended for the interior of a house – We’re not sure why this might be a manufacturer recommendation, as most pet parents use a GPS fence outdoors around the perimeter of the home. However, this works best in a backyard or in an open area where the structure might not interfere with the GPS signal.
- Most customers recommend the AngelaKerry GPS dog fence for the dog park or a large piece of property rather than as a containment system – If you’re looking for a containment system, the AngelaKerry GPS dog system might not be the right choice for you.
Our fur babies are so important to our own happiness, and caring for them is our top priority. We ensure that they have the very best in nutrition and vet care, and we want our pups to enjoy their time with us as well—while we ensure they are protected. For many pet parents, this means providing them with a means of exercising or spending time with us outdoors using the best GPS dog fence. The AngelaKerry GPS dog fence can keep your dog inside a safe, proscribed area while they are allowed to run free of the leash.
The AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence offers a waterproof receiver and a rechargeable collar that best fits dogs fifteen pounds and over. It is very convenient, but it is not the best for home use.
Features of AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence
- Item weight: 9.9 oz
- Batteries: 1 AA battery required
- Model number: F1041-A-1P
- Dimensions: 7.01×4.84×2.32 in.
Waterproof and rechargeable
The collar is both waterproof and rechargeable, which makes for ease of use for both yourself and your dog. The collar is rainproof, so, even if Fido gets the collar wet, it will still work properly.
Covers a circular area from one-third of an acre to 496 acres
Your dog can be kept in a large, open area with the AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence, and you never have to worry about your dog becoming lost while wearing the device. The radius of the collar is adjustable, so you can customize the collar’s warning system from one location to another.
Five levels of static correction
Pet parents never need to worry if their dog will be injured while wearing the AngelaKerry GPS dog collar. As you train your dog with the collar, you may adjust the level of shock provided by the device. In addition, your dog will hear beeps when she gets too close to the barrier.
Works best on dogs between 15 and 120 pounds
This is not a device for puppies or for small dogs. Dogs should also receive some training prior to using the collar full-time. Most dogs will learn quickly where boundaries are, and they will stay within those boundaries, particularly if they hear a beep warning.
Offers a more accurate and stable GPS connection
Pet parents need not worry that their dog will be shocked without reason and possibly become injured while wearing the AngelaKerry GPS collar.
The collar should never be worn indoors
Inside, the GPS signal is very weak, and it could cause the collar to offer an unwarranted shock to your dog. For this reason, it is recommended that your dog not wear the collar indoors.
Offers twelve hours of continuous working time
This feature is great for those who are outdoors for long periods of time with their dogs. The collar will continue working for up to twelve hours between charges.
Relatively short charging time
The collar can be charged in one to two hours.
Is This The Right Choice For You?
Pet parents who are looking to take their dog outdoors on a large piece of property will enjoy this product; for instance, one who is working on landscaping on the property will be able to utilize the product while Fido can roam free but safe. This product is also good for people who want to take their dog camping as she can roam near the campsite safely and won’t get lost . This is also recommended for park trips.
However, pet parents looking for a containment system around both the front and back of their home might want to look at another product. The AngelaKerry GPS Dog Fence does not provide location information, so, if one’s dog does get outside of the barrier, finding her might be difficult.